The Delicious Dish I’m making for you today is simple and easy and oh so gorgeous. It’s a perfect alternative to the unhealthy holiday sweet potato pie that’s loaded with sugar.
Delicious Delicata Squash
• 2 delicata squash (about 1½ pounds, you can also use acorn squash)
• 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ to ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
• ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
• ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
• ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
• 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the squash in half crosswise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp, discarding the pulp. Rinse the seeds and set aside to drain. Slice each squash half into ¼-inch to ½-inch rounds.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons olive oil, maple syrup, cumin, chipotle powder, paprika and salt.
4. Add the squash and toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange the squash in a single layer on a large baking sheet, overlapping the slices slightly, if necessary.
5. On a separate baking sheet, toss the squash seeds with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a light sprinkle of salt.
6. Place the squash and seeds in the oven. Roast the squash for 20 to 25 minutes, turning the slices halfway.
7. Check on the seeds after 10 minutes and remove them from the oven when golden brown. The squash will be ready when fork-tender, golden brown, and caramelized.
8. Place the squash on a large serving dish. Sprinkle the toasted seeds, goat cheese, and cilantro leaves over the squash. This dish is best served warm.
Here’s to your most wonderful holiday season ever!
Love Your Body and Love Your Life!
Love and Huge Support,